Forum

Has anyone used wire as a fuse with the Vruzend kit instead of the busbars for parallel connections?  

RSS

1mysurveymail
(@1mysurveymail)
Street cred = 10 mAh
22/04/2019 3:04 pm  

Has anyone used wire as a fuse with the Vruzend kit instead of the busbars for parallel connections? I am considering this in a 10s10p battery. My 750W hub motor draws 20A at 36V.

My concern is that a faulty cell in one of the series strings my "take out" the whole 100 batteries. So if I understand what I have read all over the e-bike forums is that the parallel connections would be a good place to "fuse" the whole pack.

Any experience with a particular gauge and type of wire to use (in AWG please)? How and where they used this in a VRUZEND kit?

Thanks,

C

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
04/05/2019 9:57 am  

You could use wire, but I'd recommend fast glass axial fuses. They are pretty cheap and will blow more reliably (and without heating up to burn the wire).

ReplyQuote
1mysurveymail
(@1mysurveymail)
Street cred = 10 mAh
04/05/2019 10:57 am  

Thanks Micah,

I just finished my first battery using the included buss bars. I really wish the nuts were magnetic enough be held by a magnetic nut driver, but all went well. Given space concerns I "split" my 10s10p battery. I am very happy with how quickly the kits arrived. Just FYI I was using nine 12v 7Ah SLA batteries totaling 36lbs. Now my 10S10P battery weighs just 16lbs at the same capacity. NICE. Please read my other post about assembling "strings" first to match capacity when using disparate cells.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register