Forum

charge & discharge cable  

RSS

bram
 bram
(@bram)
14/05/2018 2:13 pm  

Can someone tell me why you need a charge and discharge connector/cable.

I understand that they have a different connection to the BMS.

But can you not connect both wires to 1 connector?

Normaly, you only charge or discharge at 1 given time.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
19/05/2018 11:33 am  

If you have a two wire BMS then yes you can use a single connector because the charge and discharge wires share the same BMS connections. If you have a 3 wire BMS (like all of the 7s, 10s ,13s and 14s BMSs we stock in our shop here on vruzend.com) then you can not use a single connector because the C- and P- wires do not share the same BMS connection, even though the C+ and P+ do share the same connection on the pack.

ReplyQuote
davidgarrido10
(@davidgarrido10)
05/10/2018 7:29 am  

Hello Micah,

I have just registered to ask you a question of this issue. 

I have a chinese BMS which I could not find the datasheet of it. The fabricant use only 1 pad for charge and discharge wire but the BMS have the other pad (-P) useless. I contacted with the provider and they said me that this is the correct connection. 

Reading what you said.. Do you recommend me to "demand" the bad manufacturing of it?

I have more batteries with the same problem.. 

I hope an answer soon! Thank you very much

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
21/10/2018 7:40 pm  
Posted by: davidgarrido10

Hello Micah,

I have just registered to ask you a question of this issue. 

I have a chinese BMS which I could not find the datasheet of it. The fabricant use only 1 pad for charge and discharge wire but the BMS have the other pad (-P) useless. I contacted with the provider and they said me that this is the correct connection. 

Reading what you said.. Do you recommend me to "demand" the bad manufacturing of it?

I have more batteries with the same problem.. 

I hope an answer soon! Thank you very much

So the manufacturer and datasheet say to use the same pad for negative charge and negative discharge wire? If so, I'd follow their advice. It could be that the board has a superfluous P- because the manufacturer may use one board for multiple designs to save costs, and the P- might be unused in the design you have.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register