Forum

Back Order Wait ?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
13/07/2017 6:12 am  

My order wasn't actually shipped, they just printed a label. Hopefully it will go out today.

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
15/07/2017 12:48 pm  

4 Kits are in hand now. They shipped from Florida and I'm on the right coast.

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
15/07/2017 3:45 pm  

After opening only 1 of the 4 kits, out of the first 2 handfuls of caps most are severely cracked and look like they would fail in short order if used for their intended purpose. The caps look like a machine punches the stud through the plastic with no hole there, shattering the plastic in the process. I tried to open a new thread on this but it disappeared upon submitting. Where is the quality control and what will be done to remedy this problem?

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
15/07/2017 4:04 pm  

Not even halfway through checking 1 kit and these are about half of the bad ones so far...

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
15/07/2017 4:33 pm  

Hey Zoama,

I don't see any new threads posted in the last couple hours, are you sure you clicked all the way through with it?

More importantly, regarding your kit: We did have a batch of kits that unfortunately made it past our quality control checks with defects in them, and it looks like yours came from that batch. Not all the caps were affected, but some were. The issue was related to our punch. There is a hole in the cap end that the threaded post enters (it doesn't just punch its own hole) but the pressure was set too high, resulting the cracking. There are also some caps that have that long arc scratch at the top of them. That's actually just superficial, and won't affect performance at all. But those caps you have that are cracked, we'll replace those of course, at no cost to you. If you can count up how many you had with the broken plastic end around the threaded post, then shoot me a message at contact at vruzend dot com and I'll get you replacements sent out to you ASAP.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I can assure that we already fixed the problem in the assembly line so no future kits will have that issue.

Edited: 9 months  ago

MoMoses liked
ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
15/07/2017 5:53 pm  
Posted by: Micah

Hey Zoama,

I don't see any new threads posted in the last couple hours, are you sure you clicked all the way through with it?

More importantly, regarding your kit: We did have a batch of kits that unfortunately made it past our quality control checks with defects in them, and it looks like yours came from that batch. Not all the caps were affected, but some were. The issue was related to our punch. There is a hole in the cap end that the threaded post enters (it doesn't just punch its own hole) but the pressure was set too high, resulting the cracking. There are also some caps that have that long arc scratch at the top of them. That's actually just superficial, and won't affect performance at all. But those caps you have that are cracked, we'll replace those of course, at no cost to you. If you can count up how many you had with the broken plastic end around the threaded post, then shoot me a message at contact at vruzend dot com and I'll get you replacements sent out to you ASAP.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I can assure that we already fixed the problem in the assembly line so no future kits will have that issue.

I haven't seen any "scratched" ones yet. The cracks are all the way through even though the plastic hasn't separated yet. I'll start sorting.

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
15/07/2017 7:08 pm  

Here are the results of my 4 kits. There seemed to be some temperature issues with the plastic as well since some of the caps were a little discolored and had malformed skirts.

Box - 1 had 53 caps bad out of 103

Box - 2 had 22 caps bad out of 101

Box - 3 had 56 caps bad out of 103

Box - 4 had 46 caps bad out of 103

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
16/07/2017 9:17 am  

After further discussion I would like to make it clear that the defects in the parts I received are not "drag marks from the machinery" because they physically can not be that. The metal part with the small bolt has 4 small retaining tabs 90 degrees apart that contact the plastic cap and lock it into place. The cracks in the plastic are in a different area and come from the metal part being rammed into the plastic cap with too much speed and force along with some misalignment of the bolt with the hole in the cap. The domed shape of the metal part impacting the plastic cap shattered the plastic. All cracks have weakened the part and are not part of the design. A few of the parts have damage in the skirt area making them unserviceable. Replacements that have been checked to be free of the same defects should be shipped ahead of current orders since the customer has paid his money a waited in a long line already. Adding insult to injury does not help build your business.

Edited: 9 months  ago

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
16/07/2017 10:22 am  

For clarity... I like the kit and concept. I just want my purchase to be first quality and free of defects. I understand things happen and mistakes are made. That's not an issue as long as the problems are corrected and the customer is made whole again with no unnecessary delay.

I look forward to buying many more of these kits in the future as I'm confident the problems will be solved.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
16/07/2017 10:59 am  

Hi Zoama,

As we've informed you now in multiple emails, we are more than willing to either 1) replace any defective parts of your order at no cost to you, or 2) provide you with a 100% refund, including covering postage both ways, again at no cost to you. Your satisfaction is our goal, and we have now apologized to you many times for the unfortunate fact that your order included some defective caps. We are doing our best to provide every means possible to help you out and make this right, all on our dime.

I hope you understand that we are a brand new company, in operation less than 2 months, and were absolutely hammered with demand that we couldn't possibly meet in the short period of time. We appreciate your patience while we get this all worked out. Just like all of our customers, you are important to us. Thank you for bearing with us.

ReplyQuote
zoama
(@zoama)
Street cred = 500 mAh
16/07/2017 11:52 am  
Posted by: Micah

Hi Zoama,

We are doing our best to provide every means possible to help you out and make this right, all on our dime.

I am confident that you will do the right thing, it's just odd that you keep including language like "help you out" and "all on our dime" as if it were special treatment to correct this manufacturing problem. This posturing is out of place. I want your company to succeed in developing this product and I'm not trying to harm you. I simply want you to solve the issue in a straight forward manner without deflection. This is the way I do business and hold myself to the same standard. Lets keep it simple.

ReplyQuote
MoMoses
(@momoses)
Street cred = 10 mAh
18/11/2017 5:30 am  
Posted by: Micah (Vruzend Rep)

Hi Zoama,

As we've informed you now in multiple emails, we are more than willing to either 1) replace any defective parts of your order at no cost to you, or 2) provide you with a 100% refund, including covering postage both ways, again at no cost to you. Your satisfaction is our goal, and we have now apologized to you many times for the unfortunate fact that your order included some defective caps. We are doing our best to provide every means possible to help you out and make this right, all on our dime.

I hope you understand that we are a brand new company, in operation less than 2 months, and were absolutely hammered with demand that we couldn't possibly meet in the short period of time. We appreciate your patience while we get this all worked out. Just like all of our customers, you are important to us. Thank you for bearing with us.

I have my cart full of stuff and was about to check out and then I see this. Are the kits in stock at this time Mikah? I have watched just about all your you tube videos and I am ready to give these kits a shot but I dont want to wait forever and a day.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
18/11/2017 12:02 pm  

Yes, that post was over 4 months ago. They've been in stock for a long time, as indicated on the product page itself.

ReplyQuote
MoMoses
(@momoses)
Street cred = 10 mAh
18/11/2017 8:51 pm  

Perfect. Thank you for the prompt response Micah. I just placed my order. I have been following your social media and I have no doubt in my mind this will be a positive experience.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register