Forum

Clamp mechanism to hold the end caps on ???  

RSS

MasterCATZ
(@mastercatz)
14/07/2018 5:34 am  

these caps make poor contact to the battery cell, riding mountain e-bike getting lots of fluctuation over bumps as voltages change because caps don't have a solid connection, any form of clamp to keep them hard on the cell? 

ReplyQuote
kyletom415
(@kyletom415)
Street cred = 100 mAh
16/07/2018 4:50 am  

I'm curious MasterCATZ, how do you have your batteries mounted to your bike? What kind of enclosure are you using? How do you know that the voltage fluctuates when riding? how much is it fluctuating?

Edited: 5 months  ago

ReplyQuote
dlabyer
(@dlabyer)
Street cred = 10 mAh
16/11/2018 9:16 pm  

I'm just assembling a 3 x 10 36 volt battery with the version 2 kit.  To cut to the chase the springs push the cap away till there is little or no spring pressure holding the caps against the battery's.  You can see this with one battery and cap, the orange cap on the positive end of the battery demonstrates this best.  Press the cap onto the battery then slowly release the pressure.  The cap pushes itself about 2 cm back which is enough to remove any significant spring pressure on the terminal. :(.  Of my 30 batteries 4 in the pack made no contact at all.  I used clamps to assemble the pack as shown in the YouTube video, 3 at a time.  Very disappointed.  It needs some way to clamp the caps, holding pressure on the connectors.  I would never trust these connections in use.  I think the springs in v2 are too strong. 

ReplyQuote
dlabyer
(@dlabyer)
Street cred = 10 mAh
16/11/2018 9:21 pm  

I should have said I'm using new NCR18650B battery a. 

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
26/11/2018 9:56 pm  

Panasonic cells are known to be narrower than other 18650 cells, and are in fact not even 18 mm wide. For that reason, they sometimes don't fit as well in Vruzend caps. There are a few easy fixes for this that we've outlined here:  https://vruzend.com/wrapping-panasonic-cells-to-ensure-a-strong-fit-in-vruzend-caps/

You may also want to consider sandwich plates:  https://vruzend.com/adding-sandwich-plates-to-ensure-continuous-connections/

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register