Forum

Can I fix and rebuild this battery? 72 volt 18 ahr  

RSS

RJBrown21
(@rjbrown21)
Street cred = 10 mAh
28/02/2019 7:10 pm  

I have a spot welded triangle battery (72 v 18 ahr from calibike.com) It was overdischarged and will not take a charge. It is brand new and only used like 4 times.(Some cells went bad). I want to know if I can, 1.) disassemble it completely. 2.) Find the bad cells 3.) Revive them or replace them? 4.) And finally reassemble it with a vruzend kit.

Let me if you can help. Also Id need to know if the vruzend battery packs are too large for my ebike frame. How would I make a custom shape with the vruzend kit? 

ReplyQuote
RJBrown21
(@rjbrown21)
Street cred = 10 mAh
28/02/2019 7:16 pm  

I can post pictures of the battery. Im not sure how to take it apart without causing a short circuit. Do I just pry open the nickel spot welds and peel it off? I just want to seperate all the cells so i can do an individual voltage reading, test for capacity, and resistance of each cell. So I can find which cells are unusable. I hope all of them aren't dead cells.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
04/03/2019 11:43 am  

Are you sure that's the problem? Calibike batteries are known for their low quality, but it should still have a BMS that prevents it from being discharged too low...

ReplyQuote
RJBrown21
(@rjbrown21)
Street cred = 10 mAh
04/03/2019 6:16 pm  

Yes Im sure its the problem. I did take the battery apart somewhat. I removed the bms for the timebeing. The +1 group of parallel cells doesnt read a voltage. Im pretty sure they are dead cells. I tried other groups and they read about 3.65 which is the lowest you can go. My buddy acfidently overdiacharges it way below 72 volts. I thought the bms shuts it down when each cell hits 3.7 or the pack reads 72? Whats the point of a bms if it doesnt ahut it down at the right time? 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register