Forum

Can you wire BMS in parallel for a higher discharge amp  

RSS

EmpireofKings
(@empireofkings)
Street cred = 10 mAh
05/06/2018 3:28 pm  

Hello,

I have a 4s 13p 18650 battery pack. The cells are sony vtc4, and i am using the vruzend v2 kit. The pack is being built for a hexacopter we are building. According to my calculations the hexacopter will need approximately 500amps continuously at full throttle. Problem is, I only managed to find some 4s 100amp BMS. Is it possible i could wire Six of those BMS in parallel to allow a 600amp max continous discharge from the battery pack ? If not, whats the recommendation from the community ? My university professors havent been much help. So any advice will be greatly appreciated.  

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
29/06/2018 8:47 pm  

Yes, that is possible. BMSs can be used in parallel, just usually not in series for higher voltages.

ReplyQuote
MattyLada
(@mattylada)
04/07/2018 12:16 pm  

Hi..i am a new user here.In my case, this happens because my battery pack can only deliver a continuous 30A for a 12 mile ride. I can set the max to 200A and draw up to 105A, but only for a very short trip. My battery (specifically the cell capacity) is the weak link in my system.My next battery will be a higher capacity (Ah) battery with higher capacity (e.g. 3000mA) cells, but I will still use two 36V batteries in series.

ReplyQuote
rdhoke
(@rdhoke)
11/07/2018 1:26 am  

18650s are not that great at High amp output in quick bursts. That is the reason that all commercial quads copters use Lithiom polymer. I know they are more expensive but you would probably be better to look into LiPoly for your quad. 

ReplyQuote
Daniel Miksa
(@danmixanet-com)
Street cred = 10 mAh
17/02/2019 11:14 am  

Got any videos or wiring diagrams on how to wire in parallel ?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin

ReplyQuote
Daniel Miksa
(@danmixanet-com)
Street cred = 10 mAh
24/02/2019 8:15 pm  

Thanks.  I was actually looking for how to wire bms  in parallel.  Got and tutorials on that?  Or advice?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
25/02/2019 9:18 am  

Ah sorry, I thought you meant the cells. For the BMS, you just duplicate the connections. So you install the second BMS as if the first wasn't even there.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register