Forum

Linking battery boxes/sets together?  

RSS

RocketScooter
(@rocketscooter)
Street cred = 10 mAh Customer
03/06/2018 9:16 pm  

Hey all. Somewhat of a battery rookie here.  I'm still in the planning/design stage, but looking to build something like this   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m04CXhoQ2jU   but using 18650's instead. Ideally, I want this project to be able to easily scale as I acquire more cells and input power.  In the video, he talks about having a second plug on the side to connect additional battery packs.

So, questions about this: 

2) If not, would the packs need to be roughly the same amount of cells in parallel? (If the main pack is say 3s12p, would it be bad to have 3s40p in an additional battery box?)

3) Would it be possible to safely "chain" such boxes together?  (Example:   Main box <--- Additional box #1 plugs into main  <---- Additional box #2 plugs into #1   <---- Additional box #3 plugged into #2)  

ReplyQuote
RocketScooter
(@rocketscooter)
Street cred = 10 mAh Customer
03/06/2018 9:20 pm  

Somehow edited out the first question, oops!

First question was:  

Wouldn't the extra battery box being plugged in like that pretty much put the cells in second box in series rather than parallel with the main box?

ReplyQuote
Dhar
 Dhar
(@dhar)
Street cred = 10 mAh
08/08/2018 3:36 pm  

Hi Rock, I'm new here and was just browsing the forums, your question made me think; what determines series and parallel is the connections of the poles, if you connect all the positive poles to one side of the plug and the negative to the other in both boxes, then you'd connect in parallel, right?

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register