Forum

Battery box idea for my project  

RSS

Micah St.Clair
(@micah-st-clair)
Street cred = 100 mAh
02/06/2017 10:53 pm  

I am building the world's 1st (hopefully) Honda US90 Electric 3 wheeler. I dont know how I am going to mount my batteries on the frame. Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
03/06/2017 1:58 am  

Hmmmm, can you use the old engine mounting points to bolt in a custom battery box? I imagine lower will be better, in terms of mounting the batteries.

ReplyQuote
Micah St.Clair
(@micah-st-clair)
Street cred = 100 mAh
19/06/2017 2:16 am  

should I use shrink wrap or an aluminum battery enclosure? I there a way to make the battery waterproof?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
20/06/2017 2:20 am  

It's hard to say which is better for you without really being able to examine your trike there. I like to use a couple layers of heat shrink, oriented 90 degrees to each other. That way all six sides of the battery are covered. It's not 100% waterproof, but it's pretty splash resistant that way. Make sure however you mount the battery, the wires exit down towards the ground. That keeps gravity from feeding water into the back along the wires. 

A hard case enclosure can be potentially more waterproof, if it has good seals and gaskets. But depending on the size and shape of your battery, it can be hard to find an off the shelf solution. For a trike that powerful, you'll likely want a big battery anyways.

ReplyQuote
Micah St.Clair
(@micah-st-clair)
Street cred = 100 mAh
22/06/2017 1:04 am  

Have you done any testing as how they handle heat with the kit. If I put it in an aluminum box will it heat up with the cells in the kit?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
24/06/2017 10:51 am  

The case itself? I haven't really done much heat testing on cases. I imagine the color of the case will be a large factor. A black case will definitely heat up more in the sun.

ReplyQuote
jjfretired
(@jjfretired)
20/07/2017 4:25 pm  

How to use ring terminals for the BMS sensor/balance connectors and the size ring terminal to use.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register