70challenger
(@70challenger)
Street cred = 10 mAh

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
09/06/2017 4:00 am  

I'm not sure, I haven't used that specific case. But you can see the size of the caps on a cell and determine for yourself.

ReplyQuote
70challenger
(@70challenger)
Street cred = 10 mAh
09/06/2017 4:27 pm  

The outer dimension of the box is 90MM, so I'm going to say no as there is the thickness of the walls and those screws posts. Do you know of a similar box that fits your caps?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
10/06/2017 2:12 am  

I'm sorry, but I don't. I'm a bag guy myself, and prefer triangle frame bags to hard cases. I do know there are many different styles of hard cases out there, I'm just not familiar with the dimensions of each one. 

ReplyQuote
70challenger
(@70challenger)
Street cred = 10 mAh
10/06/2017 2:55 pm  

I've never had one, these appeal to me as it has a lock and is easily removable to charge inside. What are the benefits of a triangle frame bag style?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
12/06/2017 3:03 am  

For me the main benefit is two-fold: 1) being able to put different batteries on (including different sizes and voltages), as well as being able to easily build multiple custom batteries.

I live in a city with significant ebike theft, especially batteries. If I know I'm going to a bad part of town, I'll toss on an old, beat up battery. My bag locks, but even so, I try not to leave my bike unattended for too long. Anyone could of course cut the bag. 

If I'm going on a longer trip, I'll use a bigger battery. If I want to go faster that day, I can use a higher voltage battery. 

For me, it's just more flexible. But the advantages for me are disadvantages for others. To each, his own.

ReplyQuote
70challenger
(@70challenger)
Street cred = 10 mAh
12/06/2017 5:45 pm  

Ok, thanks, I understand more and the bag attached to a rack above the tire?

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
13/06/2017 10:31 am  

I prefer a triangle bag that goes in the front triangle of the frame. A bag on the rear rack has many of the same advantages, but I don't like the weight being up so high, and it's also weird having it that far back. It can induce some weird handling issues sometimes. At least, that's the way it feels for me. Having the battery weight between your knees just feels much more naturally balanced to me.

ReplyQuote
Ryanjaymes
(@ryanjaymes)
Street cred = 10 mAh
14/03/2018 4:31 pm  

Does anyone know where I can buy custom shaped battery bags to strap on my bike frame?  Or if you know how to make a custom durable bag?

ReplyQuote
Noelawinslow
(@noelawinslow)
Street cred = 10 mAh Customer
15/03/2018 6:35 pm  

The lunacycle and em3ev bags are both very reasonably priced and fit into a lot of frames. 

ReplyQuote
tomjasz
(@tomjasz)
Street cred = 100 mAh
02/06/2018 1:23 am  
Posted by: Noelawinslow

The lunacycle and em3ev bags are both very reasonably priced and fit into a lot of frames. 

Luna have very poor zippers and the inner stiffeners are cardboard. Every triangle I own is better made than Luna. Both Luna bags of mine failed, and in weeks.

Edited: 6 months  ago

“Very often in everyday life one sees that by losing one's temper with someone who has already lost his, one does not gain anything but only sets out upon the path of stupidity. He who has enough self-control to stand firm at the moment when the other person is in a temper, wins in the end. It is not he who has spoken a hundred words aloud who has won; it is he who has perhaps spoken only one word.”
― Hazrat Inayat Khan, Mastery through Accomplishment

ReplyQuote
localgringos
(@localgringos)
10/11/2018 12:54 pm  

I made the mistake of ordering a battery box from Ali. It was cheap and a Mosfat 16. Cheap but needed no one to know what it was or to steal it. I would use Security Torx so it can't be removed in Belize. Problem was even the biggest box was to small for even the charge controller, they give dimensions for the outside of the box, not what the inside dimensions for a fit which was a Lot smaller. My 48/52V battery would never fit! Not only that there was not any brackets or screw holes to fasten it to the frame. I tried the metal battery boxes for 48V but they are also too small using the Vurezend kit. Triangle Bags seem to be the way to go for batteries. And unless you add silicone to the controllers and U clamps and bolt them on, the bags seem best for the controllers to. I have repurposed the too small metal battery box on the back rack by removing the electric plug (it unscrews) and using it for the controller since it locks on but I will see if that might make it get too hot in the sun. Anymore suggestions for battery and controller bags or boxes? I have to use online ordering and have shipped to a US to Belize Shipping Company cause there is nothing like that here. I probably have the first electric bike here ever. They do have electric golf carts on the resort islands and I have seen a few handicapped 3 wheel scooters for handicapped people.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register