Forum

long parallel  

RSS

sherpadog
(@sherpadog)
13/10/2017 11:27 am  

Hi. newbie here. i assembled a 10s-12p for my 800w scooter. but i am not so sure if the 36v charger available here in vruzend http://vruzend.com/product/36v-lithium-ion-battery-charger-3-amps/ will do the work for this project? or are there any better chargers out there you can recommend to me?

also, is my 10s-12p configuration good? thanks.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
14/10/2017 4:54 am  

Hi Sherpa, sounds like quite a battery! Yes, the 36V charger from Vruzend will work for your pack. It is appropriate for any 10s li-ion pack.

One of the best chargers (and the one I use nearly daily) is the Cycle Satiator from Grin Technology. It's a $300 charger though, so its an investment. It also does multivoltage so I use it to charge packs from 7s to 14s all on one charger.

One note on your pack, because you have so many cells in your p group, just make sure you're spreading out your connections on your battery terminals on the -1 and +10 terminals. I.e., best practice is to have the output wires connect to multiple locations along the first and last p group, instead of just one location on the end of the p group like you often see in DIY powerwall builds. For ebikes and scooters, you pull more power so it is more efficient (and you get less voltage drop) if you spread out your terminal connections along the length of the group.

Good luck!

garolittle liked
ReplyQuote
wworld
(@wworld)
28/11/2017 4:48 pm  

Hi Micah,

I have five individual 10S2P battery pack for my e-bike project. The e bike kit I have is a 36V motor with other accessories. Your answer to Sherpa is very similar to what I am trying to do. These five packs come with XT60 female connector and I am thinking to make connecting cables to parallel them as a block to run the e-bike. Which way is the best to charge these batteries? Charge them one at a time or charge the whole block as one big battery? 

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
07/12/2017 5:37 am  

As annoying as it may be, ideally it is best to charge them individually so each pack's BMS can individually monitor charge for its pack and perform balancing if necessary.

ReplyQuote
Eliashayes
(@eliashayes)
Street cred = 10 mAh
09/12/2017 5:20 am  

Hi there, I agree that for e-bike or scooter you need to, you need to pull more power. I am also planning to buy a new charger for mobility scooter. I don't have much knowledge about battery charger, but recently my friend bought a new battery charger for his mobility scooter from this website and according to him the quality and working is good.

Edited: 5 months  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register