Forum

Samsung INR18650 25R, 25R5  

RSS

bkhouri1
(@bkhouri1)
Street cred = 10 mAh
17/08/2018 10:09 am  

What is the difference between VRUZEND's Samsung 25R and the 25R5? I ask because if they are not identical (though their specs are very close to one another, their electrolyte design/cycle life is different, no?) I may not want to mix the two in a battery pack I'm building... right?

Thanks for the comments,

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
26/08/2018 5:46 pm  

As I understand it, the 25R5 is the newer version of the cell. The original, which was actually the 25R2, was phased out a couple years ago. The newer ones are green.

ReplyQuote
bkhouri1
(@bkhouri1)
Street cred = 10 mAh
18/10/2018 8:43 am  

Thank you for the reply, Micah.

I am now wondering if you have an opinion on cell placement within a pack. How would 'best practice' dictate where two groups of potentially nonidentical cells live within a pack?

For instance, is it best that identical cells form the parallel cell modules, only? Also, if it happens that the parallel modules will contain nonidentical cells, is it best that this arrangement is duplicated across all modules? 

I suppose the real question is, will the BMS you sell properly control the workings of the pack no matter the arrangement of similarly spec'd (though perhaps not identical) cells?

Thank you for your thoughts,

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
21/10/2018 7:37 pm  

If possible, it is best to have each parallel group as identical to the others as possible. The BMS will balance the pack no matter what, but by making each group closer to the others in terms of capacity and internal resistance, the BMS will be able to balance much more quickly and effectively. So for example, if you are building a 7s7p pack, and you have 42 of cell A and 7 of cell B, it would be better to make 7 parallel groups that have 6 of cell A and 1 cell B. It would be less ideal to make one parallel group of entirely cell B, since that group could end up with a slightly different Ah or IR than the others and could cause balancing to take longer to complete.

ReplyQuote
bkhouri1
(@bkhouri1)
Street cred = 10 mAh
23/10/2018 9:22 am  

Excellent, thank you again for the words, Micah!

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register