Forum

Gas Yard Tractor Conversion  

RSS

Davey Boy
(@davey-boy)
Street cred = 10 mAh
23/03/2019 11:00 am  

Hi Everyone,

I found this forum today while looking for a smart way to power a yard tractor I want to convert to electric from gas.

This battery system looks awesome, but I wanted to be sure it was the right solution for this build. The motor I want to use is the ME-1004 and I would like to run it at ~36V. I have seen others use this motor and it seems at times to use up to 100A, but I think it would typically run fine with about 70A.

Could I build a 10s20p battery pack for the motor from one of these kits? My understanding is it would give me enough power to run the motor for close to 1 hour. Mostly I'm concerned about the amperage levels.

Thank you for your help,

Davey Boy.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
(@admin)
Street cred = 5 Ah Admin
02/04/2019 6:26 pm  

You'd be cutting it close with the V1.5 kit (best run at max 3.5A continuous per cell) but you'd be more than fine with the V2 kit (can run up to 20A continuous per cell).

ReplyQuote
Davey Boy
(@davey-boy)
Street cred = 10 mAh
02/04/2019 7:42 pm  

Thanks Micah,

It was the V2 system that I was looking at, but I was concerned about the 70-100A current levels. Good to know the V2 can handle that.

I guess for a BMS there would need to be few modules to cover the 200cells?

Best regards,

Davey Boy.

ReplyQuote
Davey Boy
(@davey-boy)
Street cred = 10 mAh
17/07/2019 12:42 pm  

I have decided to go with a 48V configuration, but am a little confused about which 18650 cells would be best for this application. What would your suggestion(s) be?

Thanks a bunch,

David.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register