Forum

How is the site? Anything missing?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Micah (Vruzend Rep)
Street cred = 1 Ah Admin
29/10/2017 4:08 am  
Posted by: zoama

Why leave unapproved posts in place for weeks, blocking the thread to all other members? Why not delete the posts you don't intend to approve?

I don't mind helping if you need someone. I've been a "super mod" at Everlast welder forum for many years under the same user name. https://www.everlastgenerators.com/forums/forum.php

I won't get involved in the business side. I just help keep the forum neat.

Part of the problem is that its not super easy to see from the backend where new posts are and which ones are awaiting moderation. Another reason I'm looking for new forum software to replace this one with. For example, I didn't see this post of yours until now (sorry!). I think once we get a new forum software setup, it will go much smoother. I'd love to have it run as nicely as ES.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
Street cred = 1 Ah Admin
29/10/2017 4:11 am  
Posted by: Davidskorinko

I just joined because I was curious on making a new battery for my e-bike because as I can see so far it will much cheaper than ordering one from China. I don't see any type of specifications or descriptions of your kit. It would be nice to know how many cells the kit can be used for. It would also be nice to have some charts showing how many cells are needed for certain powered batteries. 

Hi David,

There are specs on the product page, but each kit comes with enough caps for 52 cells. You'll have to calculate your own cell requirements based on your project, but its pretty easy, as you just multiply the number of cells in parallel by the number of cells in series. If you don't know how many cells you need in parallel or series, then I'd recommend doing some more research and learning before attempting your own battery pack. My book DIY Lithium Batteries on Amazon would be a good start, but there are a lot of good free resources out there as well, including my youtube channel Ebikeschool.com.

ReplyQuote
Micah (Vruzend Rep)
Street cred = 1 Ah Admin
29/10/2017 4:11 am  
Posted by: Davidskorinko

I just joined because I was curious on making a new battery for my e-bike because as I can see so far it will much cheaper than ordering one from China. I don't see any type of specifications or descriptions of your kit. It would be nice to know how many cells the kit can be used for. It would also be nice to have some charts showing how many cells are needed for certain powered batteries. 

Hi David,

There are specs on the product page, but each kit comes with enough caps for 52 cells. You'll have to calculate your own cell requirements based on your project, but its pretty easy, as you just multiply the number of cells in parallel by the number of cells in series. If you don't know how many cells you need in parallel or series, then I'd recommend doing some more research and learning before attempting your own battery pack. My book DIY Lithium Batteries on Amazon would be a good start, but there are a lot of good free resources out there as well, including my youtube channel Ebikeschool.com.

ReplyQuote
Jmarc
06/12/2017 4:04 pm  

We are looking into building 7S60P battery block.  A 3D drawing of the CAP or a Cap+ Cell would be appreciated.  Do not need nor care about the inside as I am sure you want to protect your IP.  But I am looking at designing a single piece cell connector and would like to not second guess dimensions.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register